Kingfisher Calendar 2012: Bikini beauties battle it out!!

Which of these beach bombshells will secure a page in India's hottest calendar? Here's a look at each of the 14 finalists.

With each passing year, the Kingfisher Calendar seems to take on more hype and desirability.
It's a plum Fashion Models modelling assignment, arguably the most prestigious in India and has played a part in the launch of Katrina Kaif, Deepika Padukone and Angela Jonsson to fashion superstardom.

Once again this year, 15 leggy lasses from across the nation are getting ready to compete for a spot in the new calendar with the Hunt for the Kingfisher Calendar Girl 2012. We bring you all their profiles save one -- a wildcard entry who will be announced as the hunt progresses:

 Kingfisher Calendar 2012
Akshitaa Agnihotri
Fashion pic (www.kingfishercalendar.com)


Originally a beauty consultant from Chandigarh, Akshitaa believes she has the 'X' factor with a deadly combination of an angelic face and great body. She has struggled a lot previously, but sees the competition as her greatest challenge yet. She's come a long way from home and is determined to make her family proud!

Describe yourself in one word: Girl next door
Most confident about: My body and face
Biggest fear on the show: Nothing
My best asset: My smile
My worst asset: Nothing
Favourite non-modelling activity: Beauty consultancy
Most embarrassing moment: Wardrobe malfunction on the runway!
My inspiration: Deepika Padukone
Image: Akshitaa Agnihotri
Photographs: Courtesy Ndtv Good Times
 Kingfisher Calendar 2012
Arjita Roy

 
Fashion pic (www.kingfishercalendar.com)

From the city of Calcutta, Arjita Roy believes she should be the face of the Kingfisher Calendar because she deserves it! She believes her personality is her best asset and that nothing can stop her from attaining her ultimate goal -- a spot on the Kingfisher Calendar.

Describe yourself in one word: Smart
Most confident about: My body language
Biggest fear on the show: Nothing
My best asset: My personality
My worst asset: Nothing!
Favourite non-modelling activity: Gymming
Most embarrassing moment: Haven't had one yet!
My inspiration: Atul Kasbekar

Image: Arjita Roy
Photographs: Courtesy Ndtv Good Times
 Kingfisher Calendar 2012
Arshiya Parmar

Fashion pic (www.kingfishercalendar.com)

After a life-threatening accident at the age of 15, Arshiya almost lost the ability to walk. She battled against all odds to become the model she is today..A mixture of different cultures, Arshiya was born in India but grew up in New Zealand, Australia and the USA. She believes she has an open and accepting view on culture and beauty and has what it takes to be the next fresh face!

Describe yourself in one word: Wild
Most confident about: My face
Biggest fear on the show: Being lost and alone
My best asset: My face
My worst asset: The length of my torso
Favourite non-modelling activity: Painting, art
Most embarrassing moment: I used to get picked on for my large eyes

Image: Arshiya Parmar
Photographs: Courtesy Ndtv Good Times

Kingfisher Calendar 2012
Ciara Yadav


Fashion pic (www.kingfishercalendar.com)


The daughter of a yesteryear top model, Ellen 's modelling career took off post a massive weight loss. In spite of losing 38 kilos, she has been for many auditions and faced a lot of rejection, but is still focused on her one goal -- a spot on the Kingfisher Calendar!

Describe yourself in one word: Vivacious
Most confident about: Posing in front of the camera$0D
Biggest fear on the show: Getting yelled at in front of other girls
My best asset: My legs (to take long strides in my chosen career!)
My worst asset: My nose!
Favourite non-modelling activity: Cooking, gymming
Most embarrassing moment: Falling down the stairs in a club right in front of some hot boys!
My inspiration: Jennifer Lopez

Image: Ellen Modi
Photographs: Courtesy Ndtv Good Times

Kingfisher Calendar 2012
Haya Baruah


Fashion pic (www.kingfishercalendar.com)

Hailing from the city of Guwahati in Assam, Haya knows this competition is set to be a struggle! A self-confessed tomboy, she claims her family was shocked when she chose to enter the world of modelling. A spot on the Kingfisher Calendar is her ultimate dream -- something she would literally die for!

Describe yourself in one word: Unpredictable!
Most confident about: Facing new people
Biggest fear on the show: When I don't fear death, it would be unjust to say I fear anything else
My best asset: My eyes...anyone will get lost in them!
My worst asset: My anger!
Favourite non-modelling activity: Dancing and sports
Most embarrassing moment: I play my cards well, so I haven't been abashed by anyone!
My inspiration: Atul Kasbekar

Image: Haya Baruah
Photographs: Courtesy Ndtv Good Times

Kingfisher Calendar 2012
Julia Dutt


Fashion pic (www.kingfishercalendar.com)


Originally from Australia, Julia Datt says she practically grew up in a bikini and believes she has the right combination of looks and attitude. Moving to Mumbai to kickstart her modelling career and learning Hindi has been a real challenge for her but she believes she can do anything as long as she has her parents' support!

Describe yourself in one word: Sexy
Most confident about: Versatility
Biggest fear on the show: Falling over!
My best asset: My loonnggg legs!
My worst asset: My short upper torso
Favourite non-modelling activity: Eating and dancing
Most embarrassing moment: Where do I begin?
My inspiration: Priyanka Chopra

Image: Julia Dutt
Photographs: Courtesy Ndtv Good Time

Kingfisher Calendar 2012
Khushboo Mendonca


Fashion pic (www.kingfishercalendar.com)


A go-getter and a professional, Khushboo quit her stable job to enter the world of modelling. She belives she can bring a picture alive with her positive and fun-loving attitude. A former Miss Maharashtra, Khusbhoo will stop at nothing to get what she wants!

Describe yourself in one word: Sexy
Most confident about: My persona
Biggest fear on the show: None!
My best asset: My confidence
My worst asset: My short upper torso
Favourite non-modelling activity: Trekking!
Most embarrassing moment: Not a good idea to reveal it!
My inspiration: Oprah Winfrey

Image: Khushboo Mendonca
Photographs: Courtesy Ndtv Good Times

Kingfisher Calendar 2012
Mariette Valsan


Fashion pic (www.kingfishercalendar.com)


With her dusky skin and almond-shaped eyes, South Indian beauty Mariette draws her inspiration from Tyra Banks and Richard Branson. She believes that she doesn't fit the standard description of beautiful, but is always up to trying something different.

Describe yourself in one word: Happy
Biggest fear on the show: None!
My best asset: My expressive eyes and athletic legs
My worst asset: None
Favourite non-modelling activity: Singing, travelling, writing
Most embarrassing moment: When I forgot an important client meeting with my CEO!
My inspiration: Tyra Banks!

Image: Mariette Valsan
Photographs: Courtesy Ndtv Good Times

Kingfisher Calendar 2012
Palak Agarwal

Fashion pic (www.kingfishercalendar.com)


The mother of a small child, Palak Agarwal is truly a yummy mummy. She fought the odds and took the bold decision to participate, of course with the help and support of her husband.With her family backing her , she says there's no stopping hdr!

Describe yourself in one word: Bold
Most confident about: My body
Biggest fear on the show: Nothing!
My best asset: Eyes
Favourite non-modelling activity: Playing with my child
Most embarrassing moment: None
My inspiration: My family

Image: Palak Agarwal
Photographs: Courtesy Ndtv Good Times

Khngfisher Calendar 2012
Priyanka Verma

Fashion pic (www.kingfishercalendar.com)
Hailing from the rustic and royal city of Jaipur, Priyanka stood out at her audition with her unique face and fit body. She claims her audition was her first time in a bikini and impressed the judges with her calm demeanour. From middle class struggles to superstar glamour, Priyanka has her eyes set on one goal -- the Kingfisher Calendar!

Describe yourself in one word: The best!
Most confident about: My inner strength
Biggest fear on the show: Lizards!
My best asset: My height
My best worst: None
Favourite non-modelling activity: Adventure sports
Most embarrassing moment: When I fell off a bicycle in front of a lot of my friends!
My inspiration: Katrina Kaif

Image: Priyanka Verma
Photographs: Courtesy Ndtv Good Times

Kingfisher Calendar 2012
Roaleey Ryan


Fashion pic (www.kingfishercalendar.com)


With an unusual name and sparkling smile, Roaleey believes she has all the required traits to be the next Kingfisher Calendar girl. With her entire family backing her, she is set to fire up the competition!

Describe yourself in one word: Mysterious!
Most confident about: Myself
Biggest fear on the show: None as of now
My best asset: My smile
My best worst: Hair
Favourite non-modelling activity: Reading
Most embarrassing moment: When I fell down some stairs and my heels broke
My inspiration: My family!

Image: Roaleey Ryan
Photographs: Courtesy Ndtv Good Times

Kingfisher Calendar 2012
Shruti Iyer



Fashion pic (www.kingfishercalendar.com)

A bubbly, quirky personality, Shruti has dealt with weight issues as a model. She's on a quest to burst the 'fair, light-eyed' model bubble and will stop at nothing! Hailing from a conservative Tam-Bram family, Shruti's mother was scandalised when she announced her plans of entering the competition. Soon enough, her family saw reason and now there's no stopping her!
Describe yourself in one word: Unique

Most confident about: My quirky personality
Biggest fear on the show: None
My best asset: Back
My best worst: Big feet
Favourite non-modelling activity: Badminton
Most embarrassing moment: When I forced Shah Rukh Khan to hug me because I thought I was dreaming when I met him!
My inspiration: Beyonce

Image: Shruti Iyer
Photographs: Courtesy Ndtv Good Times

Kingfisher Calendar 2012
Sneha Upadhayay


Fashion pic (www.kingfishercalendar.com)


An ambitious young fresh face, Sneha quit her marketing job in the fast-paced city of Mumbai to change her career course to the glamorous world of fashion.A true believer in herself, Sneha swears that soon the world will know and believe in her!

Most confident about: Myself as a whole
Biggest fear on the show: I'm frightened of water...I'm scared I might be asked to swim
My best asset: My confidence, it has brought me a lot at a young age
My best worst: Nothing!
Favourite non-modelling activity: Reading
Most embarrassing moment: None!
My inspiration: Myself

Image: Sneha Upadhayay
Photographs: Courtesy Ndtv Good Times

Popular Posts