Mary Blige to debut My Life, the fragrance

Interactive multichannel retailer HSN has partnered with Grammy award-winning singer and philanthropist Mary J. Blige and polyethnic beauty brand Carol's Daughter, to debut My Life, the fragrance. My Life is the first fragrance to be launched exclusively through a multichannel retailer. Available July 31, My Life will be introduced to consumers via a comprehensive, 360-degree multi-platform campaign that leverages all of HSN's marketing channels, including television, online, mobile, print advertising, public relations, events and direct mail.

The fragrance is a first from Mary J. Blige and the first celebrity fragrance to be developed by Carol's Daughter. Steve Stoute, Chairman & Lead Investor of Carol's Daughter, played a pivotal role in creating the unique partnership between Mary J. Blige and HSN for this ground-breaking launch.

"We are thrilled to partner with Mary J. Blige and Steve Stoute to forge new ground in the beauty industry, break the existing business model of selling fragrance and leverage the power of our interactive platform to launch My Life," said Mindy Grossman, CEO of HSN, Inc. "Mary's story is inspiring to all women, and we believe our customers will identify with her confidence, compassion and perseverance."

"My life is my journey and I've always shared it through my music. I can't wait to share my story with millions of women through HSN," said Mary J. Blige. "Working with Carol's Daughter on the fragrance has been an amazing experience that I will forever cherish."

A portion of the proceeds of My Life will benefit the Foundation for the Advancement of Women Now (FFAWN). FFAWN was created by Mary J. Blige and Steve Stoute to help women gain the confidence and skills they need to pursue and realize their goals and dreams.

"This partnership will break the stagnant role the fragrance industry has found itself in," said Steve Stoute. "In the truest sense of a fragrance, the emotional journey will be told directly to consumers from one of the world's best lyricists, Mary J. Blige, and the best storyteller, HSN. My Life will touch the lives of millions of women."

HSN's multi-platform marketing campaign will target a broad consumer base, including fans of Mary J. Blige, as well as new and existing HSN & Carol's Daughter customers.

Video segments called Life Chapters will capture various facets of Mary J. Blige's compelling life story, including her philanthropic, music, and beauty projects. The segments will be seeded online, on HSN and through social media such as Facebook and Twitter. 

Popular Posts

Archives